It is possible to make the most of Saturnian therapeutic spa properties all year round. This legendary place, well known to the Etruscans and the ancient Romans for its cosmetic properties and regenerating powers, still exists today. At Saturnia, sulphurous water, at a constant temperature of 37°, rises from the thermal springs providing therapeutic properties together with extraordinary sensations that are pleasant in themselves. Whoever steps into this water can never forget the feeling of well-being, relaxation and calm given by the warmth that surrounds your body and the way one's mind relaxes on contact with the unique countryside of the Maremma area in Tuscany.
Orbetellan cuisine focuses on the variety of fish from the lagoon. Shrimp, sea bass, gilthead breams, oysters, grey mullet and eel are all fished there. To name some of the delicious specialties, there are the grey mullet filet, spaghetti "alla bottarga", and smoked eel. Some delicious specialities: the grey mullet filet, spaghetti "alla bottarga", smoked eel. For those who appreciate a good meat dish there are a number of Maremman delicacies to choose from. To complete your selection choose a glass of fine white or red Tuscan wine.
In Italy, a sagra (plural: sagre) is a local festival involving food.
The various sagre almost always have their origins in old country fairs or similar entertainments, but many of them now aim at visitors or even foreign tourists, and some had lapsed for many years but have been recently revived.
A sagra is often dedicated to some specific local food, and the name of the sagra includes that food; the array of gastronomic specialties covered across Italy is amazing and in our region many of them are organized especially during the summer as listed below:
- Sagra della Fragola a Marsiliana(May)
- Sagra del Cinghiale a Orbetello (July)
- Sagra dell'Anguilla a Orbetello (July)
- Sagra della Polenta a Marsiliana (August)
- Sagra della Panzanella a Polverosa (July)
- Sagra del Calamaro a Fonteblanda (August)
- Sagra del Moscardino a Talamone (July)
- Sagra della Ficamaschia a P.Ercole (August);
- Sagra del Baccalà a S. Andrea (August)
- Sagra del Pesce a La Torba (July)
- Sagra del Cinghiale a Capalbio (September)