Activities & Free Time
Our school organizes a wide and varied programme of social activities for students
The school organises a full and varied programme of social activities for the students such as excursions, seminars, dinners and special evenings.
The teaching staff running the activities makes sure that any language or other difficulties are taken care of.
A calendar of social events is given to each student the first day of the course.
Some of them are:
- A guided tour of historical Orbetello
- Day excursion to the Island of Giglio.
- Afternoon excursion to Feniglia beach by bicycle and visit of the archeological town of Cosa.
- Afternoon excursion to the enchanting medieval village of Capalbio and visit to the misterious "Giardino dei Tarocchi" of the famous artist Niki de Saint Phalle.
- Visit to the medieval village of Manciano followed by night time swim at waterfalls in Saturnia.
- Visit to the Spanish fortresses
- Dinners in typical Italian restaurants
- International dinner in the school's garden
- Italian wine
- Italian cooking
- Italian music
- Italian cinema
There are infinite ways of spending your free time and the school staff is available for information or to book any of the activities listed below:
- Canoeing on the lagoon
- Horse riding
- Scuba diving
- Mountain biking
Cultural, Musical, Popular Events
- Festival delle Crociere: Annual music festival in Orbetello featuring major national and international artists (July/August).
- International Short Film Festival: Important event in the international film calendar at Capalbio (July/August).
- Theatrical performances: Among the ruins of the ancient Roman town of Cosa (August).
- Concerts: In the squares of the town's historic centre.
- Festa di San Biagio: Parade of the traditional Maremma cowboys ("butteri") through the town centre and other events featuring the local culture of the lagoon.
- International Tennis Tournament: (July/August)
- Antique Exhibition and Market: Along the streets of the town centre: antique displays, collections, stamps and artefacts (the first weekend of each month).